Welcome to McAdam, New Brunswick
A Community on the Move
It is my distinct pleasure to welcome you and your family to McAdam – the best little village in New Brunswick. I join with Council to extend to you the hospitality of the Lakeland of New Brunswick. We are blessed in this community to have wonderful citizens who are unique, caring individuals who exemplify in their character life-long values that are truly cherished. Come share some time with us and meet first hand citizens who positively affect our social and moral fabric every day as well as contribute to growth and change with renewed opportunity and vision.
The Welcome Mat is out in McAdam. You are invited to consider citizenship in our community, an opportunity and a choice.
OUR DOOR IS OPEN – COME SEE US
Council Meeting Notes
Planning Advisory Committee
Mayor and Council
Council now meets twice a month (except in July and August) in the Heritage Room of the Village Hall
Four municipal councillors and the mayor are elected at large every four years. The councillor with the largest popular vote becomes the deputy mayor.
All meetings of Council are open to the public. Persons wishing to address Council should make arrangements to be placed on the agenda by contacting the Village Clerk, Ann Dohahue, prior to the meeting. Call 784-2293 or visit the Village Office at 146 Saunders Road during normal business hours to make this arrangement.
Ken grew up in McAdam, graduating from McAdam High School in 1973. After earning his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from UNB in 1978, he joined the Royal Canadian Air Force, serving for 32 years as an Aerospace Controller. Ken retired from the military in 2011. He and his wife Kate moved back to McAdam in 2012 and was elected Mayor of McAdam in 2016. He is a current board member at Lakeland Industries Sheltered Workshop, who work with intellectually and physically challenged adults, as well as being on the board for the McAdam Seniors Housing Corporation, who provide low income housing for senior citizens. He is the Present of the McAdam Heart and Home Corporation which is planning to build a residence for intellectually challenged adults. He holds a second Bachelor of Arts in Geography and a Master of Arts in Military Studies.
- General Administration
- Financial Responsibilities
- Development Initiatives
- Programs Relevant to New Infrastructure
- Publicity and Press Releases
- Economic Development
- Civic and Promotional Activities
- Recognition of Citizens on Special Occasions
- Soil Contamination / Remediation Initiatives
- Participation in New Regional Commission
Taylor was born and raised in McAdam, graduating from McAdam High School in 2012. From there, he studied at St. Thomas University where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics. Taylor started his young career at the age of 19 at Service New Brunswick where he worked for 6 years in the purchasing and contracts sector before moving to NB Power, where he is currently employed. In 2016, Gallant was elected to the McAdam Village Council, becoming the youngest elected official in New Brunswick at the time. In addition to the council, Gallant serves on the July 1st Committee, Beautification Committee, liaison with theMcAdam Historical Restoration Committee, McAdam Economic Development Corp., Rockland Cemetery Corp., Charlotte County Regional Tourism Association, among others. In his spare time, Taylor enjoys studying politics, spending time with family, traveling, and working in the garden. Above all, he is a classic country music enthusiast and collector.
- Implementation of Beautification Plan
- Administration of Unsightly Premises Act
- Overall Village Enhancements and Improvements
- Buildings and Properties
- Street Lighting and Street Signage
- Tourism and Tourist Bureau
- McAdam Station Park
- Liaison with McAdam Historical Restoration Commission
- Liaison with NB Heritage Trail
- Operation of Wauklehegan Lake Campground
- Energy Efficiency and Environmental Issues
- Community Van Committee
- Public Works Department
- McAdam Mini-Home Park
- General Operation and Maintenance
- Summer and Winter Maintenance
- Municipal Pollution Control System
- Environmental Services – Garbage
- Collection and Sanitary Landfill Site
- Municipal Equipment
- Municipal Water System
- Maintenance of Subway Tunnel
Greg has been serving on the Village Council in a variety of roles, from Recreation Councillor to liaison for Emergency Measures since his election in 2012. He and his wife Donna have been married for 45 years and have one son and two grandchildren who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Greg has been working in McAdam for 32 years and is currently employed at CertainTeed Gypsum, the local wallboard manufacturing plant in McAdam. In regards to his duties as a Village Councillor, Greg feels grateful for the opportunity to serve and deliver upon the vision of growth for McAdam, always striving to make McAdam an even better and safer place to live.
- GeneEMO Disaster Plan
- Emergency Services – RCMP Contract
- Liaison with Ambulance New Brunswick
- Dog and Animal Control
- Rabies Action Plan and Coordination of Safe Practices
- Liaison with Planning Advisory Committee
- Liaison with McAdam Fire Department
- Community Based Policing Initiatives
Jody grew up in McAdam, graduating from McAdam High School in 1978. After working for CP Rail for a number of years, Jody returned to school to earn a Bachelor of Education degree from UNB. He has been a teacher, coach, and athletic director at McAdam high for close to thirty years. A history buff, Jody enjoy studying military history and is an active member of the McAdam Legion branch #7. Jody also loves outdoor activities like biking, canoeing, and fishing. He is currently a board member of the MHRC and volunteers at numerous events held at our station. Jody and his son, Liam, share many of the same interests included traveling to Yankee Stadium, the Bell Centre, and climbing Mt. Katahdin. Jody plans to retire in McAdam and continue to help the Village of McAdam grow and prosper.
- General Recreation and Leisure Activities
- Administration of Programs with Recreation Director
- St. Croix Beach
- McAdam Lakeshore and Beach
- Playing Fields
- Warriors Den
- Liaison with McAdam Public Library, Community Van Committee