Your Cemetery Committee has chosen Aqueduct as its investment vehicle as the goals of the Foundation are to provide asset security and growth of the asset base and to provide the Cemetery with sufficient annual investment income to allow it to meet its commitments to plot holders without erosion of the capital invested.
The Aqueduct Foundation is a registered charity guided by 3 core principles:
- Facilitating personal philanthropy – the foundation support charities identified by donors
- Smart planning – the foundation specializes in assets that require financial and estate planning
- Philanthropic flexibility- Aqueduct is a bridge to other charities
We require an initial investment of $250,000.00 as explained in our mail out letters to all plot holders in order to establish the fund and to ensure sufficient capital to produce income well into the foreseeable future.
The Village of McAdam Rockland Cemetery Company, Inc. encourages your participation through Planned Giving and asks that you consider partnering with us.
The Benefit of Giving
- Increased annual income
- Tax deductions for charitable contributions
- Dependable lifetime income
- Elimination or reduction of capital gains taxes
- Elimination or reduction of federal estate taxes
Planned Gifts Can Take Several Forms
- Simple Cash Gifts
- Gifts in Kind – Donating property or stocks instead of cash
- Bequests under a Will—A revocable form of giving
- Gifts of a Permanent Life Insurance Policy during life
- Giving the proceeds of a Life Insurance Policy on Death
- Giving the proceeds of an RRSP or A RRIF – also revocable
- Endowment Fund Giving
Doing Your Part
Don’t assume that planned giving is a rich person’s game. Even if you consider yourself to be of modest financial means, a little careful planning can help you meet your charitable objectives and provide you with optimal tax relief, while also benefiting your chosen charity. Even though estate planning may sound straightforward, it can be difficult weaving your way through an increasingly complex planning environment. While it’s possible to structure your own planned gift, professional advice can be invaluable.
With the help of your financial and legal advisers, you can explore and establish the planned giving program that best fits your circumstances. Take the time now to plan for your future, your family, and your community. We hope you choose to follow the example of some of McAdam’s first citizens, those who created Rockland Cemetery. Your generosity will help to ensure that Rockland Cemetery continues to be a place we can be proud to call a resting place for our loved ones as well as ourselves.
We urge you to consider a planned gift. The generosity and foresight of early McAdam pioneers created Rockland Cemetery. Your generosity will make sure it endures in the years to come.
If you would like additional information, please contact:
The Village of McAdam Rockland Cemetery Company, Inc.
Address: 146 Saunders Road, McAdam, NB E6J 1L2