July 1st is almost here and the Recreation Department are hoping that this year will be an enjoyable time for all ages. Some of the events for this year include:
- Push Cart Derby (please see below for guidelines and rules)
- Loonie Toss
- Movie under the Stars
- Craft Show (space still available call 784-1400 to reserve your table)
- Country Music Show
- Jimmy the Janitor
Push-Cart Derby Guidelines
- Cart must not have any protruding parts
- Steering may be done by either the pusher or the driver
- Push bar or handles for the pusher
- Must have 4 wheel and teams have the option of using axles or not
- Seat for the rider must be fully secured to the push-cart
- Rider must have a secure seatbelt
- Rider must wear a helmet and gloves
- Pusher must wear gloves, kneepads and closed-toe shoes (no flip flops or open toed shoes)
- NO MOTOR OF ANY KIND
- Official Derby Referees will oversee all races – decision made by the refs are final.
- Races will start with front wheels of each push-cart on the starting line.
- Racers must stay within their own race lanes from start to finish – blocking or cutting off competing racers will result in team disqualifications or do-over.
- False starts will result in team disqualifications or do-over.
- Race winners will be determined by which art’s front wheels cross the finish line first.
- A waiver must be signed for each team. If your team has members under 18 – parental consent is required.
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. There will also be prizes for the Best Design and Best Paint Job.
Be creative and most of all, have fun building!!