MEMORIAL / COMMUNITY FLOWER BOXES – 2021
A hearty thank you to all who participated in last year’s highly successful Memorial/Community Flower Box Campaign. The McAdam Community Action Group would like to invite you again this year to place a flower box to help us beautify the Village, remember loved ones, and demonstrate community spirit.
Those who purchased one of the 70 boxes last year will have the first opportunity to purchase their flower box this year. We hope you will renew by June 15th as there is a lengthy list of folks waiting to secure a flower box for this season. Any remaining boxes will be offered to those folks who place their name on the waiting list last fall on a first come basis.
The cost of each flower box is $60.00 again this year and may be paid for at the Village Office or by contacting the office at 784-2293. The McAdam Community Action Group thank you in advance for your support in beautifying the Village this summer.
McAdam Community Action Group.
As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread in New Brunswick, the provincial government has placed health zone 1, 2, 3 and 4 under the “Red Phase”. With the vaccine roll out taking place, there is renewed hope that normalcy will be stored in the months ahead. Until then, remain diligent, take the advice of our heath professionals, and stay safe. Below is the directive from NB Public Health, with the most up to date information.
Village of McAdam Mayor & Council
Strict controls to flatten the curve and contain the virus as quickly as possible. COVID-19 is no longer controlled in the province.
Available services are limited to those that are essential, with mandatory public health measures in place such as physical distancing, business closures and travel restrictions.
- There are three (3) unlinked chains of community transmission within 6 days.
- Health-care system is overwhelmed.
- Public health measures are no longer effective.
- Outbreaks and new clusters can no longer be controlled through testing, tracing and self-isolation
- Frequent hand washing, surface cleaning and physical distancing (2m)
- A single household bubble includes the people you live with. Where required, a single household bubble can be extended to include:
- A family member that needs support from someone within the household
- One other person who needs support (for example, someone who lives alone, or another family member).
- Masks are mandatory in indoor public places. Masks are required in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing of 2 metres cannot be maintained.
- Driving with members of your single household bubble or caregiver is permitted and masks are not required.
- Carpooling with others for work, school, medical appointments, or to access essential services such as groceries is permitted. When carpooling, continuous masking and maintaining physical distancing is required. If possible, only transport passengers outside your single household bubble in the back seat. Drivers must screen potential passengers for signs of illness, and drivers or passengers who are ill or who have been told to self-isolate by Public Health must stay home. Maximize ventilation in the vehicle, and do not recirculate the air. Clean and disinfect all surfaces that may have been touched by the passenger.
- Face masks are required when accessing goods though a drive-thru window. Masks are required for workers and any occupants of the vehicle who will be within 2 metres of the drive-thru window.
- Outdoor gatherings with physical distancing of 5 people or less. Physical distancing required in all other settings.
- Necessary travel only is recommended in and out of Red level zones, however, people can continue to travel within the province for work, school, essential errands and medical appointments.
- Outdoor (drive-in) religious services only.
- Non-urgent medical procedures and elective surgeries are postponed.
- Strict visitor restrictions in health and long-term care facilities and similar vulnerable settings.
- Primary care providers and regulated health professionals may operate utilizing virtual whenever possible.
- Unregulated health professionals may operate under a COVID-19 operational plan, with enhanced public health measures such as active screening of patrons, closed waiting rooms and enhanced barriers.
- Personal services such as barbers, hair stylists or spas are closed.
- Daycares remain open with appropriate guidance.
- NEW:K to 12 schools remain open with enhanced health and safety measures including:
- Students and staff stay home if they have even one symptom of COVID-19.
- School staff are actively screened for COVID-19 when they report to work each day.
- If a positive case of COVID-19 is confirmed at a school in the Red level, the school will be closed for a minimum of three days to allow for contact tracing. The school would also become a testing site for school staff.
- Post-secondary education can continue to operate in-person for all practical programs but only virtually in areas where it is possible.
- All food and beverage will be reduced to drive-thru, take-out and delivery.
- Gym and fitness facilities are closed, including other similar close contact sport or recreational businesses or facilities.
- Public spaces such as casinos, amusement centres, bingo halls, arcades, cinemas and large live performance venues are closed.
- Public Transit can operate with 2m distancing between riders AND continuous use of a mask. Ensure space is available for individuals who require 2m distancing for medical reasons (e.g. immunocompromised and those that can’t wear mask).
- All other businesses and public services, including retail, can operate under a COVID-19 operational plan.
McADAM BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE
INVITE YOU TO
A VIRTUAL UNVEILING OF THE 2ND CPR BENCH
ON SATURDAY 31ST OCTOBER
AT 1.00 P.M.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, the unveiling will take place live on the Village of McAdam’s Facebook.
Rain date Sunday 1st November at 1.00 p.m. via Facebook.
McADAM HEART AND HOME ON-LINE AUCTION
McAdam Heart and Home are holding an online auction. Items include:
- Ducks Unlimited Signed Print
- ATV Helmets
- Gift Certificates for the Fredericton Inn:
- Overnight stay and breakfast for two
- Evening Buffet
- Sunday Brunch
- Pick up truck loader
- Gift Certificate for an overnight stay at the Hilton Garden Inn – Fredericton
- Gas Card
- Swiss Chalet Dinners
- Jean Coutu gift card
- Gift Bags
- Emergency car kits
- Six months supply of The Saint Croix Courier
- Glass cleaner
- Travel blanket
All items will be available to bid on at the Heart and Home Facebook page from 8.00 a.m. Monday 2nd November until 8 a.m. Monday 16th November. Winning bidders will be listed on Facebook by Friday 20th November 2020. Only bids placed on the McAdam Heart and Home Corporation Facebook page will be accepted. Please do not share to any other Facebook page.