The Village Council would like to let you know the Public Health’s update on COVID-19 today (22 Apr) was extremely positive and we wanted to share some of it with you.
- Testing at the microbiology lab in Moncton identified no new cases of the disease today.
- Total number of cases in New Brunswick remains at 118.
- Of the confirmed cases, 104 persons have recovered.
- Total testing to date is 11,541.
They also wanted to remind everyone:
- Under the State of Emergency, everyone is prohibited from knowingly approaching within 2 metres of every other person, except persons with which they reside.
- Law enforcement officials have been actively enforcing the social distancing protocols. Most of those efforts have been on educating people so they are aware of what they need to do. However, they have begun applying fines to those not socially distancing under the state of emergency guidelines.
- People entering the Province from anywhere outside the Province need to self isolate for 14 days.
- Most people have made a point of complying with the directives.
To update you on the McAdam Clinic operations they are still screening people at the door. There is a PPE station either side of the Manor connecting door so no one goes between the Clinic and the Manor without full PPE as a precaution. They are still doing 70% of the routine work – labs, etc. Nancy, Dr. Ramsey and Dr. Smith are all doing about 80% phone visits and 20% face to face visits with patients. They have one room set up for visits and it is cleaned between patients. The Clinic staff are doing everything they can to ensure every person who needs to be seen has the opportunity.
As we have said before, the Village Council want to thank all McAdamites for their support in social distancing and helping their friends and neighbours through these stressful times. For us and many of you, there is no greater place to live than in McAdam. Reach out to us at anytime if you have any questions or concerns.
We are all in this together and together we will get through this.